- Committee ignores scientific fact and support police lie that 'speeding' is an accident cause to be included in Fatal 4 and to be a priority in road safety at the expense of genuine killers and road safety.
- Committee refers to Careless Driving as a 'minor offence' to justify the fixed penalty system to be used for the first time in its history for subjective opinion. “minor” offences such as careless driving cannot be effectively detected' They say.
- The Committee spends a great deal of time focusing on cycling safety and making powerful and costly recommendations to the disadvantage of freight transport and drivers generally.
- The Committee supports illegal voiding of due judicial process by coercing drivers to pay third parties for courses and is suggesting standardisation and formalising of these courses via parliament. 'We further recommend that the costs for diversionary courses should be standardised nationwide unless there is a clear and convincing reason not to do so, and that the Government consider legislating to ensure that this is the case, so that the public can be confident in the transparency of these courses.'
- The Committee wants more drivers to be prosecuted for more offences by local authorities instead of the police and is 'disappointed' that so far Government hasn't listened to them.
More on the Committee's false speeding statement